sábado, 5 de marzo de 2011

Culinary Secrets...

Hola, hope all is well… I´d like to think most of you all already know me but please allow me to introduce myself: My name is Thierry Blouet, Chef not only by profession but also doing; an entrepreneur in love with Puerto Vallarta. Born in the U.S. , French parents but with a Mexican heart beating strong especially for this precious Bay of Banderas.

I sincerely hope you will enjoy my weekly contribution sharing Culinary Secrets as well as more of my thoughts and myself.

Now that you know little bit about me, let me assure you I am so excited about being able to share this part of my life; my perspectives and recommendations as well as many things that one might want to know about gastronomy and things in general; promoting culinary delights of the region that thanks to the credit of many local Chefs has turned Puerto Vallarta into the second most recognized gastronomical destination in all of Mexico after Mexico City.

Taking geography and demographics out of the equation, we would be the most important.

I am excited and grateful for the opportunity by of the Tribune to be able to share week after week a humble column revealing some of the best kept Culinary Secrets as well as covering Culinary Events; useful tips how to prepare delicious meals in the most practical manner, make recommendations regarding the flavors of Banderas Bay ranging from traditional Tacos to a tasty Foie Gras, whether it´s a casual dinner or elegant anniversary meal.
The section will be made up of several sub-sections:

The weekly Guest recipe:

What would Gastronomy be without its loyal actors and followers? Week after week we will invite a Chef or Restaurant interested in sharing; we will ask them to submit 2 recipes and I personally select the more practical and delicious of the two to share with you as well as the pertinent info and bio about the Chef.

Tip of the week:

How to properly prepare Octopus… marinating beef… choosing the right lettuce.. preparing a delicious fruit drink… to achieve the perfect medium rare…before serving the soup….. They will be important tips to achieve the best results cooking at home. Our invited Guest Chef of the week will be providing these tips as well as others that I may suggest or share.

The flavors of the Bay:

This is my favorite part. I will point out the flavors of the week focusing on a particular dish and not a restaurant, example, I may recommend Tacos al Pastor, the emblematic pregnant Fish or the ever popular Lobster Crème.

The idea is to recommend a special dish and of course we will include information where to get the necessary ingredients, what they contain and they should be accompanied by.

We expect to try Restaurants to savor the dishes and write about the winning entrée to share with you.
Talking with Chef Thierry:

Life, Health, Love, the Economy, Culture, Tourism, Medicine, the Environment, Technology, Success, Family, Vacations, Fashion, common interests with a different perspective from a gastronomical and entrepreneurial point of view whatever the case may be not limiting the subject, it´s wide open and human.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario