martes, 22 de marzo de 2011

Letter to the Editor of the Week!

Dear Editor,

I’m here in Puerto Vallarta for 10 weeks, from Wisconsin...We’ve been coming to PV for the last 12 years...and I love every minute of it, everything about it is just great.. I love the it’s people, the friendliest, most hospitable in the world..

Now, I’m even considering moving here, at least for quite a while, to heal
some of my medical and emotional stress related problems.. My heart tells
me, it’s the right place to be.. I can’t think of a better place, it’s environment is soooo stress free and refreshing...

This time I also got to know the medical community in PV... Unfortunately,
I’ve had some issues I needed to take care of...but because of my experiences, I have a wonderful story to tell...

Two weeks after I got here, I ended up at the Cornerstone hospital emergency
room, because of my back.. The doctor was very nice, and recommend an MRI..

That experience of 45 minutes wasn’t that much fun, manly because it’s hard
for me to lay that still...

Finally done, I saw a orthopedic surgeon, again, very nice and calmly
discussed and showed me my problem... A herniated vertebrae...which might require surgery...

In the meantime, until I go home, he told me what and what not to do.. Thank god I’m not in a lot of pain...

A week after that I ended up at another doctors office.. This time, across the street from the Sheraton, where we were staying at the time.. It’s a 24 hour clinic. Again I saw one of the nicest, sweetest doctor...he spend so much time with me, and of course they all speak very good English..

Turned out, I had strep throat and fluids in my lungs, fever and all the aches and pains.. He put me on antibiotics and other medication.. Because of my problems, I ended going back there several more times, and almost each time I saw a different doctor, five in all.. They were all the nicest, most professional doctors I’ve ever met in my life...I’m in awe...wow...

One night, they wanted for me to stay under observation, because my heartbeat and pulse was way to high..

I was put in a room, and before they put me on an IV, a cardiologist came to examen my heart..


My heart’s fine, it was an anxiety attack.. So, they administered an IV, electrolytes and a double dose of Valium to calm me down, plus oxygen..

I was there for over 6 hours, and slept almost the whole time.. My husband picked me up after midnight, I felt like newborn.. Again, the doctors spent a lot of time talking to in the most caring way.. I kept thanking them, over and over.. What bedside manners...wow...

My conclusion and opinion is, that I had the best treatment ever !!! I’m not
used to that kind of care from any US doctors, at a fraction of the cost...unbelievable..

What I would like to say is... That a “ a lot “ of the North American doctors could learn “ a lot “ from they’re colleges down here.. I’m sooo impressed, I would many people to know, to spread the word sort of speak..

I can’t say enough good, even though I had to be sick to find out...

In the meantime I’m back feeling back to normal... I hope you will publish my article !!! Sorry I couldn’t put it in a nutshell..

I read all of the articles in your paper every week, your doing a great job, and I learn something new each time.. Keep up the good work !!!

I thank you in advance,

Ilsa McManus, a grateful PV tourist

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario