viernes, 11 de marzo de 2011

Editor´s Pick

Hacienda
San Angel –
The Ultimate Brunch Experience

After visiting Hacienda San Angel a couple of weeks ago for an article we published in the last February edition, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to try out the Sunday Brunch.
Those of you that may have read the article and got a glimpse of the photographs of this incredible Hacienda right in the heart of Puerto Vallarta would probably concur how one could easily succumb to that temptation.
Upon arriving, the first (of many) pleasant surprise was the delightful sound of classical music that makes one feel perfectly at harmony with the peaceful settings and ambience. Unlike at many other Restaurants, at Hacienda San Angel one never feels the hustle and bustle of the Brunch crowd even though it became quite obvious to me that Hacienda San Angel must be very popular on Sunday mornings judging by the number of guests.
To my surprise I was greeted by Janice Chatterton with whom I have had corresponded via e-mail but never met in person, so she had no idea who I was. It appears she is always present at this elegant Sunday morning ritual personally making sure that everything is as it should be, perfect!
I sensed she hadn´t been expecting me, thus decided to take advantage of the situation and asked for a quick tour of the buffet where I was lucky enough to meet the person orchestrating this fine Gourmet Brunch, John Henry Van Patten III. A graduate from the Culinary Institute at SSCC in Seattle and the man to be commended for this wonderful work of art he creates in his kitchen along with his assistant José Luis Serrato Camarena, a graduate from the Instituto Culinario de Mexico in Puebla.
After all the formal introductions and taking a zillion photographs I finally excused myself to get to the point, I came here to eat brunch and by now I was salivating from being tortured by people passing me by with all this delicious looking (and smelling) food on their plates.
Here I was faced with the dilemma, Omelet? Prime Rib? Shrimp ? Quiche? A healthy cereal with FRESH as in non-frozen Blueberries? Strawberries? Or should I opt for the classic Salmon which left me asking myself Bagel or perhaps fresh locally baked Sour-Dough?
I never did get to the pastries because quite honestly I ended up overindulging; everything I took a bite out of was simply delicious, down to the Chipotle Sauce, my personal favorite.
In my opinion this is simply the best Brunch in town. Aside from the delightful environment, this is first rate quality at its finest topped off by an awesome view.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario