sábado, 5 de marzo de 2011

Letters to Editor

Hola

I would like to make some important corrections to the article entitled “The Young Philanthoropist Strikes Again” by Michael Patrick that you ran in our February 27th edition.

Although Michael’s article was cute and entertaining, there were some important errors.

As the person who gave the tour at Refugio Infantil Santa Esperanza (RISE) to Michaela Hurtuk and her parents, you need to know that RISE is run by some very caring and capable Mexicans (not American run) - and, by the way, Michael, Mexican is a part of “America” too.

I am also, not “kick-ass” as the shoe fairy - only a person who cares a lot about the children at RISE and wants to help in any way I can.

If anyone would like more information on how to volunteer, help, or have a tour at RISE, please feel free to contact me via email - Chris Amo at keithamo@msn.com or call Sol, our wonderful Mexican administrator at the Refugio at 222-7857.

Thanks so much for setting the record straight on this.

Chris Amo

Dear Hola,

Thanks for your input, we would love to hear more from you regarding the matter. Feel free to e-mail us with any events, fundraisers or on how to actively participate in giving back to the community.

The Ed.


Dave,

I just had a look at the paper for the first time in months, and I see you are the new Chief! Congrats…It looks great!!
To be honest, I hadn’t read it in months because it was quite boring, repetitive, and stagnant…It looks very refreshed!!

Keep up the good work!
Cheers,
D.R

Dear D.R.

Thank you very much, we intend to improve the Tribune every week and provide our loyal readers with exciting and stimulating content covering a greater variety of issues yet maintaining focus on Puerto Vallarta.

The Ed.

Dear new Editor,

Thanks for replying to my email regarding random thoughts.

It is good to hear that Heather Wilson is gone.

Random thoughts too!

I often complained to Heather about this article.

I felt there should have been less political if she wasn’t going to represent both side of the isle. My advice stay away from politics.

Plus this article was nothing but quotes by a guy. I am a intelligent person who can read all the same papers as this person.

Why would I care to re-read this stuff in the Vallarta Tribune. You mentioned that there are going to be many changes here some. Well they can’t come soon enough.

I am glad to see Heather gone and someone else taking charge. Good luck and I’ll look for your changes.

Like you said many are needed and I am sure many people of PV will appreciate all your efforts sir.

Best wishes

RB
Thank you RB,

I shall do my best to keep it interesting for everyone although I am well aware that there is always a whiner in the bunch, glad you´re not one of them. The idea is to get everyone talking to get all points of view, not just the same old song and dance.


Dear Editor,

I have been coming to PV for 9 years, just got the paper today, and was very upset that Winnipeg Manitoba wasnt mentionedand the other cites were, we are the middle one.

Thanks A Young
Albert Beach Manitoba

Dear “Upset”,

We welcome ALL visitors arriving in PV regardless of origin as was clearly stated in the heading, for obvious reasons we can´t list each and every city from which flights arrive in our beautiful and hospitable city but made sure to end the brief listing of some of those cities with “to name a few”.

We regret to hear someone is actually feeling “left out” or is “taking it personal” even worse getting upset over it?



Dear Editor,

What happened to Heather Wilson?
The paper has no community stories. It is getting very boring.

Bucerias reader.

Dear Anne
(Bucerias Reader via Facebook)

Call it irreconcilable differences.

The majority of letters to the editor we have received seem to have a different opinion

The Ed.

Dear Madam

I am a long term resident in Marina Vallarta & in the early years, the Tribune was delivered to our condos. I understand why distribution points were made for residents to pick up a copy for themselves.

These are hard times with credit crunch & dwindling tourism numbers.

The box outside Master Baiters has been empty for weeks, the box in Neptune Plaza has disappeared & if any are delivered to shop owners, they certainly don´t release any to residents - I expect they keep them for clients.

Like many other owners, I am a customer all year round & help these businesses to tick over so would appreciate being able to read the local news. Not being a fan of online perusal, I would really appreciate your comments & advice as to how I can obtain a copy every week without hassle.

Best wishes for your continued success.

Kind regards
J.

Dear Jean,

We are adding several locations in the Marina to our distribution list, once the new points authorize us to drop of the Tribune on a weekly basis we will get in touch with you to let you know where you can obtain your copy. In case you didn´t know, you can also get a digital copy online at www.vallartatribune.com

P.S. Last time I checked I was a Sir.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario